Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dorothy Parker

I've come over all Dorothy Parker wanna be all of a sudden.
I've been thinking much about how when we are in emotionally stressful situations (not just relationship ones) we are not very good at being pithy and to the point and things are never plain and simple.
SO for you, dear reader I have created a wee note for your next relationship breakup (or perhaps, more likely, relationship breakup fantasy).


I left the house quite early,
It’s in a dreadful state
I’ve left the dishes in the sink
Something you always hate

I haven’t taken out the trash
Or recycled all the cans
The whole place needs a clean up
And I don’t give a damn

I’ve maxed up all the credit cards
And emptied the accounts
I’ll be billing you for services
….ludicrous amounts

No it’s not my usual style
I’m not being very nice
you always said I should be good
-I’m over your advice

Don’t wait up for me tonight
So I can wash your gear
Dinner won’t be waiting as
I’m leaving you my dear

No comments:

Post a Comment