Tuesday, October 26, 2010

boys don't cry...


Depression is boring, even our role models are boring…… the bipolar sufferers get Kurt Cobain, the OCD’s get Joey Ramone.
We get John Kirwan.

Now I’m sure he’s a really nice guy and means well but there’s a difference between madness (as in a sexy, pale skin, dark eyeliner kind of way) and just plain madness (as in apricot with chicken kind of way) and this tips the scale towards the latter.

He’s put the cool factor of mental illness sufferers back a good few years and if I wasn’t so medicated that I can’t feel any emotion I’d be quite cross; us crazies have really only just recovered from the whole Brittany fiasco, and now this.

It’s the teenagers I feel the most sadness for. The highlight of a tortured adolescence is the knowledge that no one understands you, you know those sporty types are shallow and have the emotional IQ of, well, a rugby player.
What now for these teens?

I bet he doesn’t even know who Robert Smith is!

No comments:

Post a Comment