Monday, October 18, 2010

advertising


I thought it was PMT but it turns out I’m just old and cynical.

I love looking at websites, seeing what images businesses offer to make us buy
We (the consumer) are presented with an image or benefit that we can have if we buy the product.

In my perfect world when an advertiser offered us a product and we didn’t identify with the image we’d let them know:

Here’s some examples to start:

Hi infomercial people, I noticed you offer a great new body for summer but your picture is of a thin woman, am I allowed to use your equipment? My partner would like to use your product too, she’s thin but brown, I don’t notice any Maori on your website, is she allowed to use it?

Hi pharmaceutical company, I like the look of your vitamins but all your images are of heterosexual couples, I’m gay, can I still take your pill or are they only for the straight community?


No comments:

Post a Comment