Wednesday, January 19, 2011

the wellington lesbian artistic appreciation society- first outing

It could be the end of a beautiful relationship.

Sure, we’ve been together over a year and have even joint purchased a bath mat but with all the bliss of new love and clutter I have let it get to this point without the answer to a very simple, yet possibly relationship breaking situation.

Not kids, not religion, not core values or anything as shallow as that. No I’m talking about the big one- art appreciation.

I did it to myself. Saw the tickets to the great masters at Te Papa, “hey I wanna see that, wanna come baby?” And with those careless words slipped out of my mouth it was all on. In hindsight I should have purchased the tickets and then decided whether to take her later. But no I didn’t and she said yes.

Now I am faced with a couple of very real possibilities…

1)   She’s through the whole thing, from Monet to Manet in 10 minutes flat and asking when we can go to on the high ride leaving me standing there quietly mumbling uncharitable comments under my breath as she makes a hasty exit.
2)   I’m through in slightly more than ten minutes, having checked out the chicks in ballet gear and some blurry flowers flying out the door quicker than you can say ‘free macdonalds wifi ‘ figuring I can check out the rest of the pics on the internet later.
3)   Each of us competing to be keener than the other in showing our superior talent for art adoration and thus not emerging from Te Papa til mid August when someone finally tells us that the fire extinguisher is not a Picasso.

Actually, I’m not sure why I’m worried. It’ll be Easter before I remember where I put the frackin’ tickets ………

No comments:

Post a Comment